Sunday, December 16, 2018

Happy Birthday

I don't always remember
to stop and write it down
but I remember always
the smile and the frown
the greatest gift of loving
unconditional and true
and the greatest pain of losing
what once was me and you

From faded memories
like a haunting song
from Phantom of the Opera
it reminds me of you

Before responsibilities
decided right and wrong
from Seasons of the Heart
still the best we can do

Is give it all away
when the muse calls
forever and a day
the heart falls

and there is no end
though life moves along
I am still here, my friend
singing this song

it just goes on and on and on and on and on...

Someday I might even write the perfect chorus
for us
(maybe in another life)
With words that make it all make sense in time
in rhyme
(maybe I will be a wife)
How uninhibited love would not ignore us
adore us
(in a world rushing past love)
Even if we forgot how to rhyme
in time
(to whatever's above)

we all say we want a heart that's true
we all say that is too hard to do
I don't know about anyone else, but I still believe in you
In my fantasies, in my my memories, true love still shines through

so I just want to say
in my own personal way
let the old music play
so I sing on this day

I believe you always knew
true love is still true
Happy Birthday... Dear Amy
Happy Birthday to you

No comments:

Post a Comment