Friday, June 15, 2012

once upon a time


it felt like a fairy tale
a romance that could never fail
you treated me like a hero
you were my princess
your wish my command

until that day you simply said stop
my whole world felt like a belly flop
how could love just come to an end
so suddenly we were to be just friends
can anyone really return
from wonderland?

now i realize what i miss the most
was the unconditional trust i felt
believing you loved me with all your heart
and i could tell you every little secret in mine
what i miss most is not the romance that came to an end
what i miss the most... is my best friend

and maybe i was just fooling myself
and maybe it was the same for you
maybe we never came down from the story book shelf
maybe we were a dream that was not meant to come true

yeah maybe i was just fooling myself
and maybe your heart was just fooling me too
maybe once upon a time became more in memories
than it was back in two thousand and two

so now i can take liberties with the story
i can embellish memories for the sake of song
we can aint the target around where the arrow lands
and nobody's at fault, and nobody is wrong

that is the way it is in fairy tales
an honest love that never fails
so i can still be your hero
you are still my princess
your wish is still my command

and we can believe in love that never ends
and we can believe we will always be friends
and so the story goes, for anyone who knows
the answer the wind blows, the truth always shows
no one can really return
from wonderland

and once upon a time
is always right at hand

No comments:

Post a Comment